Monday, January 26, 2009

1988 Score Rookie & Traded set

I'm back with a new blog, this time to go through the 1988 Score Rookie & Traded set, one card at a time like I did with 88 Topps Cards. I'm focusing only on the update to the 88 Score set because I wanted to tackle something a little smaller, plus there is already a blog about 1988 Score that shows many of the interesting cards from that set. I collected 1988 Score but I have never seen this update set before, so it will be new for me.

First a quick peek at the box.



A quick note on why this blog replaces my aborted 78 Topps Cards blog. I found that my interest in the 1978 Topps set was limited by the fact that many of the players were unknown to me. I simply find it more interesting to study cards of players I am familiar with. I also think I went a bit too heavy with too many features for each set of cards (i.e. too many comments on the photos, too many stats, too many polls, etc.) and I will be doing a stripped-down version here much more similar to how I did 88 Topps.

After I finish this set, I will move on to other update/traded/rookie sets from subsequent years. If you have any complete sets like this in good condition that you want to trade, just let me know. Also if you have any interest in trading for any of the cards you see here (or the complete set) let me know. I will not be doing giveaways on this blog.

Anyway, once you open the box, here's what you see.



There are 10 magic motion trivia cards, incidentally the first 10 from the set. Lifting that little red flap of carboard gets you to the actual cards, starting with #1, Jack Clark.

1 comment: